Workshop on Fluctuations in Biology

Hans Liljenstrm hali at nada.kth.se
Mon Aug 7 22:17:53 EDT 1995

                       International Workshop on

    THE ROLE AND CONTROL OF RANDOM EVENTS IN BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS

                           Sigtuna, Sweden
                          4-9 September 1995

At this interdisciplinary workshop we intend to discuss the relevance
of chaos and noise in biological systems in general, but with a focus
on neural systems. The approach will be theroretical as well as experimental,
and the meeting is intended to attract participants from various
fields, such as biology, physics, and computer science.

Invited talks are given by L. Agnati, A. Babloyantz, A. Bulsara, R. Cotterill,
W. Freeman, H. Haken, D. Hansel, K. Hepp, J. Hopfield, S. Kelso, C. Koch,
W. Levy, L. Liebovitch, M. Mackey, F. Moss, S. Pogun, R. de Ruyter, and
I. Tsuda.

A few places are still available, and to get the desired balance between
disciplines and between theory and experiments we welcome, in particular,
further participants with experience from experimental (neuro)biology.

For more information, see our WWW page,
http://www.nada.kth.se/~hali/workshop.html,
or contact

Hans Liljenstrom
Dept. of Numerical Analysis and Computing Science
Royal Institute of Technology
S-100 44 Stockholm, SWEDEN

Email: 	hali at nada.kth.se
Phone: 	+46-(0)8-790 6909