TR available on "Mixture model for image understanding and the EM algorithm"

Shotaro Akaho/ 赤穂昭太郎 akaho at etl.go.jp
Mon Apr 10 23:01:08 EDT 1995

The following technical report is available via anonymous ftp.
FTP-host: etlport.etl.go.jp
FTP-filename: /pub/akaho/ETL-TR-95-13E.ps.Z

"Mixture model for image understanding and the EM algorithm"
	Shotaro Akaho

Abstract:
We present a mixture model that can be applied to the recognition of
multiple objects in an image plane.  The model consists of any shape
of submodules.  Each submodule is a probability density function of
data points with scale and shift parameters, and the modules are
combined with weight probabilities.  We present the EM
(Expectation-Maximization) algorithm to estimate those parameters.  We
also modify the algorithm in the case that data points are restricted
in an attention window.
To retrieve from etlport.etl.go.jp:

unix> ftp etlport.etl.go.jp
Name (etlport.etl.go.jp:akaho): anonymous
Password: (use your email addrss)
ftp> cd pub/akaho
ftp> binary
ftp> get ETL-TR-95-13E.ps.Z