Recruitment of Ph.D Neural Net Scientists

Teresa Kipp kipp at nvl.army.mil
Fri May 6 11:50:00 EDT 1994

               JOBS FOR TALENTED NEURAL NET Ph.D's
              --------------------------------------

The Computer Vision Research Branch of the US Army Research Laboratory is
composed of Ph.D's in both theory and experimentation in the field of
theoretical computer science, probability and statistics. Our branch
has also contracts with top theoretical computer scientists and mathematicians
from various universities providing continuous interaction through regular
visits.  Our research is to design algorithms to recognize military
targets in complex imagery generated by a variety of sensors. This research
also includes commercial applications such as handwriting and face recognition.
We are in the process of enlarging our branch by hiring  neural net
scientists on our in-house staff and by contracting with university neural net
scientists.  A Part of the new research effort is the comparison between neural
net algorithms and those presently designed by our branch that are model-based
with combinatorial trees in order to stimulate the cross fertilization, hybrid
systems, and the unification between these two approaches.

Talented neural net Ph.D's are invited to submit a copy of their curriculm
vitae by regular or electronic mail.  Vitae's sent by electronic mail are
acceptable as either latex or postscript files.  Send all
communications to Ms. Teresa Kipp at any of the following addresses:

electronic mail to:

             kipp at nvl.army.mil

or send by regular mail to:

             DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY