Job Posting at CuraGen

Daniel_Seligson@ccm11.sc.intel.com Daniel_Seligson at ccm11.sc.intel.com
Tue May 3 20:55:13 EDT 1994

Other than the fact that my friends at Curagen asked me
to post this for them, there is no connection between
Intel and Curagen.  Please direct all correspondence to
the address below, or Greg Went (gwent at curagen.com).

Thanks,
Dan

   Curagen Corporation

CuraGen Corporation is a dynamic and expanding
biotechnology company with a mission to systematically
extract from the human genome those disease- related
genes for which therapeutics can be successfully
designed. CuraGen has assembled a research team with
expertise in molecular biology, engineering physics,
and computational methods. Close ties with several
major academic laboratories complement our own research
and facilities

Structural Biology Division
Post-Doctoral/Research Scientist Position Theoretical
and Applied Computational Biology

CuraGen has devised a novel means and instrumentation
for obtaining DNA fragmentation patterns in order to
determine rapidly the composition of disease-specific
genes. The analysis and interpretation of these
patterns is essential to the success of the project. We
currently have an opening for a computational scientist
to refine and implement an adaptive scheme for this
task. Those with a Ph.D. in computer science, applied
mathematics, biology, physics, or related disciplines
are encouraged to apply.  Significant programming
accomplishments are essential; exposure to non-linear
statistics, neural architectures, and biocomputing is
desirable.

There is a distinct possibility that a joint
appointment with DIMACS ( supported by the NSF) is
available in conjunction with this position which
offers up to 50% discretionary time.

CuraGen offers a competitive compensation package
including salary, benefits, and equity participation.
Our location in a shoreline community between Boston
and New York City 12 minutes east of Yale University
presents excellent scientific, recreational, and
cultural opportunities.

CuraGen is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer

CuraGen Corporation
322 East Main Street
Branford, CT 06405
(203) 481 1104