ART vs. Leader clustering algorithm?

Frank Kelly KELLYFJ at vax1.tcd.ie
Mon Jan 24 08:03:00 EST 1994

Hello,
	Recently I heard an argument against Gail Carpenter and Stephen
Grossberg's ART(Adaptive resonance theory). The basic argument was that ART
was simply the 'leader clustering algorithm' enclosed in a load of neural
net terminology. I am not very familiar with the leader clustering
algorithm and was wondering would anyone like to remark for/against this
argument as I am very interested in ART. Does anyone know of any paper on
this subject? (ART vs.  Leader clustering, or even leader clustering on
it's own?).

Cheers,

--Frank Kelly