Rerport available: Human Adaptive Control

Reza Shadmehr reza at ai.mit.edu
Wed Jan 12 09:38:12 EST 1994

The following report is available from neuropose:

fTP-host: archive.cis.ohio-state.edu
FTP-file: pub/neuroprose/shadmehr.elements.ps.Z

number of pages: 8
contact: reza at ai.mit.edu

Computational Elements of the Adaptive Controller of the Human Arm

        Reza Shadmehr and Ferdinando Mussa-Ivaldi
        Dept. of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
                       M. I. T.

	We consider the problem of how the CNS learns to
	control dynamics of a mechanical system.
	By using a paradigm where a subject's hand interacts
	with a virtual mechanical environment, we show that
	learning control is via composition of a model of the
	imposed dynamics.  Some properties of the computational
	elements with which the CNS composes this model are
	inferred through the generalization capabilities of the
	subject outside the training data.

with best wishes,

Reza Shadmehr
reza at ai.mit.edu