ACL-94 Call for papers

Gary Cottrell gary at cs.ucsd.edu
Sun Oct 31 15:18:05 EST 1993

Hi folks,

Guess what - I'm going to be on the ACL program committee again this
year (I guess they're gluttons for punishment). For those of you unfamiliar
with this conference, it is the Association for Computational Linguistics.

This is the premier conference for Computational Linguistics research,
with refereeing as tight as NIPS. In recent years there has been an
upsurge of interest in statistical approaches to large text corpora,
and concommitantly, in neural network approaches to NLP.

Last year I asked the people on this list to submit to this conference
and the response was underwhelming. Please consider submitting to this
conference if you do neural network or statistical approaches to NLP,
and I will guarantee you a fair hearing. It is time the rift between
symbolic and connectionist approaches was healed - we can learn from
one another!

PAPERS ARE DUE JANUARY 6, 1994!!!

gary

Here is the CFP: