information on NIPS*93 workshop accommodations

Michael C. Mozer mozer at dendrite.cs.colorado.edu
Tue Oct 19 14:40:14 EDT 1993

The NIPS*93 brochure is a bit sketchy concerning accommodations at the
NIPS workshops, to be held at the Radisson Resort Vail December 2-4.

To make reservations at the Radisson, call (800) 648-0720.  For general
information on the resort, the central number is (303) 476-4444.  Reservations
can also be made by fax:  (303) 476-1647.  And if you would like to let the
glowing power of a live psychic answer your very personal questions, the
number is (900) 820-7131.

Note that rooms will be held for us only until the beginning of November, and
last year many participants had to sleep in the snow due to lack of foresight
in making reservations.

Concerning lift tickets:  Unfortunately, the NIPS brochure was published
before we were able to obtain this year's lift ticket prices.  The prices have
increased roughly $5/day over those published in the brochure.  If you wish
to advance purchase tickets, though, we ask that you send in the amounts
published in the brochure.  We will collect the difference on site.  (Sorry,
it's the only feasible way to do recordkeeping at this point.)  Lift tickets
may also be purchased on site at an additional expense of roughly $1/day.
Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Mike Mozer
NIPS*93 Workshop Chair