submission

John Fulcher john at cs.uow.edu.au
Fri Feb 26 13:56:21 EST 1993

COMPUTER STANDARDS & INTERFACES (North-Holland)

Forthcoming Special Issue on ANN Standards

ADDENDUM TO ORIGINAL POSTING

Prompted by enquiries from several people regarding my original Call for
Papers posting, I felt I should offer the following additional information
(clarification).

By ANN "Standards" we do not mean exclusively formal standards (in the ISO,
IEEE, ANSI, CCITT etc. sense), although naturally enough we will be
including papers on activities in these areas.

"Standards" should be interpreted in its most general sense, namely as
standard APPROACHES (e.g. the backpropagation algorithm & its many variants).
Thus if you have a paper on some (any?) aspect of ANNs, provided it is
prefaced by a summary of the standard approach(es) in that particular area,
it could well be suitable for inclusion in this special issue of CS&I. If in
doubt, post fax or email a copy by April 30th to:

John Fulcher,
Department of Computer Science,
University of Wollongong,
Northfields Avenue,