Microsoft Speech Research

Xuedong Huang xueh at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 24 01:19:47 EST 1993

As you may know, I've started a new speech group here at Microsoft. For
your information, I have enclosed the full advertisement we have been
using to publicize the openings.  If you are interested in joining MS,
I strongly encourage you to apply and we will look forward to following
up with you.

THE FUTURE IS HERE.

Speech Recognition.  Intuitive Graphical Interfaces.
Sophisticated User Agents.  Advanced Operating Systems.
Robust Environments.  World Class Applications.

	Who's Pulling It All Together?

Microsoft.  We're setting the stage for the future of
computing, building a world class research group and
leveraging a solid foundation of object based technology
and scalable operating systems.
	What's more, we're extending the recognition
paradigm, employing advanced processor and RISC-based
architecture, and harnessing distributed networks to
connect users to worlds of information.
	We want to see more than just our own software
running.  We want to see a whole generation of users
realize the future of computing.
	Realize your future with a position in our
Speech Recognition group.

Research Software Design Engineers, Speech Recognition.

Primary responsibilities include designing and developing
User Interface and systems level software for an advanced
speech recognition system.  A minimum of 3 years demonstrated
microcomputer software design and development experience
in C is required.  Knowledge of Windows programming, speech
recognition systems, hidden Markov model theory,  statistics,
DSP,  or user interface development is preferred.  A BA/BS
in computer science or related discipline is required.  An
advanced degree (MS or Ph.D.) in a related discipline is
preferred.

Researchers, Speech Recognition.

Primary responsibilities include research on stochastic
modeling techniques to be applied to an advanced speech
recognition system.  A minimum of 4 years demonstrated
research excellence in the area of speech recognition
or spoken language understanding systems is required.
Knowledge of Windows and real-time C programming for
microcomputers, hidden Markov model theory, decoder
systems design, DSP, and spoken language understanding
is preferred.  A MA/MS in CS or related discipline is
required.  A PhD degree in CS, EE, or related discipline
is preferred.

	Make The Most of Your Future.

At Microsoft, our technical leadership and strong
Software Developers and Researchers stay ahead of the
times, creating vision and turning it into reality.

To apply, send your resume and cover letter, noting
"ATTN: N5935-0223" to:

Surface:
	Microsoft Recruiting
	ATTN: N5935-0223
	One Microsoft Way
	Redmond, WA  98052-6399

Email:
	ASCII ONLY
	y-wait at microsoft.com.us

Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer working to
increase workforce diversity.