TR:Univeral Power law

Hideyuki Cateau cateau at tkyux.phys.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat Feb 20 01:11:11 EST 1993

  I and my collaborators previously reported that there is a beautiful
power law in the pace of the memory of Back Prop.  We found a reaction
from one of networkers that the law was established only in the special model.

 This time we performed an extensive simulation to show the law is fairly
universal in the technical report:cateau.univ.tar.Z,

        Universal Power law in feed forward networks

                       H.Cateau

                   Department of Physics
                   University of Tokyo

Abstract:

The power law in the pace of the memory, which was previously
reported for the encoder, is shown to hold
universally for general feed forward networks.
An extensive simulation on wide variety of  feed forward networks
shows this and reveals a lot of interesting new observations.

The PostScript for this paper may be retrieved in the usual fashion:

  unix> ftp archive.cis.ohio-state.edu
  (log in as user 'anonymous', e-mail address as password)
  ftp> binary
  ftp> cd pub/neuroprose
  ftp> get cateau.univ.tar.Z
  ftp> quit
  unix> uncompress cateau.univ.tar.Z
  unix> tar xvfo  cateau.univ.tar
      Then you get three PS files:short.ps fig1.ps fig2.ps
  unix> lpr short.ps
  unix> lpr fig1.ps
  unix> lpr fig2.ps

Hideyuki Cateau
Particle theory group, Department of Physics,University of Tokyo,7-3-1,
Hongo,Bunkyoku,113 Japan
e-mail:cateau at tkyux.phys.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp