Neural networks in Product modelling

Alexandre Wallyn wallyn at capsogeti.fr
Fri Feb 5 13:05:20 EST 1993

I am trying to evaluate the state of the art in the connectionist
applications in Product Modelling (or engineering design).

After looking in several journals (Neural Networks, IJCNN proceedings,
Neuro-Nimes, and some history of connectionist mailing list), I only
found:

"Neural Network in Engineering Design" (H.Adeli, IJCNN 1990) (very general)
Indirect quotations of general work in AI Wright University (1988)
Modelling of MOS components in University of Dortmund (1990)
and CadChem product of AIWare for product modelling and chemical formulation
(seem to be uses by General Tire and Good Year).

Are these applications in product modelling so scarce, or are they published
in other forums ?

I thank you in advance for your help.

I will, of course, publish a summary of the replies.

Alexandre Wallyn
CAP GEMINI INNOVATION
86-90, rue Thiers
92513 BOULOGNE