Announcement

MARTIN DUDZIAK DUDZIAK at vms.cis.pitt.edu
Fri Apr 30 00:39:00 EDT 1993

ANNOUNCEMENT

Richmond VA Area SIG on NNs and NLDs Forming

An informal special interest group on neural and non-linear dynamical
systems is forming, oriented to people in the Richmond and east/central
Virginia area.  There is currently no organizational affiliation and what
directions this group takes depends upon the response and participation
of interested persons.

The intent here is to bring together people who may otherwise be somewhat
isolated by virtue of working in diverse industries or centers, academic
or corporate, and who could benefit by reason of verbal and electronic
exchanges.  My initial sense is that there is more going on in this part
of the country and state than appears at first glance, and while Richmond
may seem so close to Baltimore/Washington D.C. as a major technology arena, it
really isn't.

If you are interested, please contact me and we will see where this goes.
One idea is to have a monthly seminar with an invited talk; convenient
facilities can be easily provided.

Martin Dudziak
Crestar Bank
(804) 782-5708