Neural Multilevel Scheme for Disordered Systems (Preprint)

Marcus Speh marcus at ips102.desy.de
Wed Sep 23 10:57:09 EDT 1992

	  The following paper will eventually appear in the
  International Journal of Modern Physics C [Physics and Computers]
  "Neural multigrid for gauge theories and other disordered systems"

	     M.Baeker, T. Kalkreuter, G. Mack and M. Speh
      II. Institut f. Theoretische Physik, Universitaet Hamburg

The preprint is available via anonymous FTP or as a hard copy (free,
see below). It contains our contribution to the conference
"Physics Computing '92" in Prag, Czecheslovakia, August 24-18, 1992.
			       ABSTRACT

   We present evidence that multigrid works for wave equations
in disordered systems, e.g. in the presence of gauge fields,
no matter how strong the disorder, but one needs to introduce a
"neural computations" point of view into large scale simulations:
First, the system must learn how to do the simulations efficiently,
then do the simulation (fast).
   The method can also be used to provide smooth interpolation
kernels which are needed in multigrid Monte Carlo updates.

          Neural Networks
          Disordered Systems
          Gauge Fields
          Neural Multigrid

For comments, questions or suggestions, please contact:
Marcus Speh (marcus at ips102.desy.de)
To obtain a copy via FTP (9 pages with figures appended)
use the standard procedure:

ftp cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu
anonymous
Password: anything
ftp> cd pub/neuroprose
ftp> binary
ftp> get speh.neuralmg.ps.Z
ftp> quit
zcat speh.neuralmg.ps.Z | lpr
If FTP is impossible, a free hard copy can be obtained sending a request
via E-Mail, FAX or Snailmail to:

			     Marcus Speh
		      II. Inst.Theor.Physik/DESY
			 Universitaet Hamburg