VFSR v6.30 now in Statlib

Lester Ingber ingber at alumni.cco.caltech.edu
Mon Dec 7 17:24:48 EST 1992

Very Fast Simulated Reannealing (VFSR)

vfsr v6.30 is now in Statlib (login as statlib to lib.stat.cmu.edu,
file vfsr is in directory general).  If you already have vfsr v6.25
from Netlib (login as netlib to research.att.com, file vfsr.Z is in
directory opt), this can be updated using a patch I'd be glad to send
on request.

v6.30 fixes a bug encountered for negative cost functions, and adds
some printout to make your bug reports and comments easier to decifer.

Lester

  ||  Prof. Lester Ingber               ingber at alumni.caltech.edu  ||
  ||  P.O. Box 857                                                 ||
  ||  McLean, VA 22101       703-848-1859 = [10ATT]0-700-L-INGBER  ||