Resource Allocation Network (RAN)

David Lambert lissie!botsec7!botsec1!dcl at UUNET.uu.net
Thu Oct 31 10:13:26 EST 1991

Hi.  Thanks to all respondents concerning my RAN question.
I managed to get in touch with John Platt, and he was most
helpful.

John Platt writes:

>   Someone forwarded me your posting on the connectionist mailing list..
> Could you please follow up, and say that you have successfully used
> RAN?  It would be nice to leave an impression of a working algorithm...

My sincere apologies for being lax in my courtesies, John.  You're
right, of course.

I got RAN working just fine, and it works as well (if not better than)
advertised.

To those who asked for a copy of the resulting code, I'll probably release
it sometime soon, through one mechanism or another.

Thanks again.

David Lambert
dcl at object.com or dcl at panix.com