Paper

BO XU ITGT500%INDYCMS.BITNET at vma.cc.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 23 14:13:31 EDT 1991

Because this is the first time I place paper into neuroprose, I have brought
lots of troubles to Jordan Pollack of Ohio State.  We don't know whether
it's due to my postscript file's problem (I generated the ps file on MacWrite
II by pressing and holding the command key and the "F" or "K"  key together
before clicking the "OK" button in the print dialogue menu)  or not, the ps
file cannot be printed at Jordan's place.  We retried it several times, and
he still cannot see it after processing it.  However, the ps file inside the
Inbox can be traced from UNIX.

So we decide to leave the paper inside the Inbox subdirectory and announce
it with a caveat that it may not work.  I am sorry for this delay and
inconvenience, and I will be very glad to know more methods to generate ps
files from MacWrite II which will have a good behavior at neuroprose archive.
Thanks in advance.

The procedure to get the ps file from the Inbox is as follows:

unix> ftp archive.cis.ohio-state.edu (or 128.146.8.52)
Name: anonymous
Password: neuron
ftp> cd pub/neuroprose/Inbox
ftp> binary
ftp> get ppnn.ps6
ftp> quit
unix> lpr ppnn.ps6

I want to thank Jordan for his great help since last week.  I appreciate
very much his instructions and patience in retrying different versions of
ps files I sent to him.

Bo Xu
Indiana University
itgt500 at indycms.iupui.edu