No subject

Chioccioli dominic at DEBUSSY.CODA.CS.CMU.EDU
Thu Oct 17 16:21:08 EDT 1991

This posting briefly describes my interest in parallel learning
algorithms for neural networks.

Currently I am investigating the following two aspects of
parallel reinforcement learning algorithms for sequential decision
tasks:

1) Multiple nets on multiple task simulations.

   Our goal here is to combine multiple-simultaneous experiences
   to reduce the wall-clock time required to learn a task.

2) Multiple nets on single task simulation.

   This paradigm assumes that multiple simulations cannot be
   run, however, parallel search of the (single) experience
   space obtained from running a single simulation can be used
   to reduce the total number of trials (i.e. simulated experiences)
   required for learning.

Several different algorithms will be attempted for both of the
above tasks.

I am interested in hearing from others who may also be doing research
in parallel learning algorithms for neural networks.
Pointers to relevant publications or references will be most helpful.

thanks, in advance for any responses.

I will post a summary of any references I receive provided
that this is not a repeated request and that sufficient
response is forthcoming.

Regards, Steve Dominic

dominic at debussy.cs.colostate.edu
Colorado State University