Neural Architect Position Offered

John Platt platt at synaptics.com
Tue Nov 26 21:46:55 EST 1991

**********************DO NOT FORWARD TO OTHER BBOARDS*************************

		      NEURAL NETWORK ARCHITECT WANTED

  Synaptics, Inc., is a small and growing neural network company, located in
San Jose, California. We develop neural network architectures and analog
VLSI chips to sense and process real-world data. Our architectures and
unique hardware solutions enable our customers to create state-of-the-art
systems in many different fields.

  There is an opening at Synaptics for a neural network architect. The job
will consist of creating network architectures for real-world applications,
such as optical character recognition. The architect will need to develop
programs to train and test these architectures on real data.  The architect
will also have to map the architectures onto existing or new analog VLSI
chips.

  Applicants should have a strong background in programming.  Experience in
C++ or LISP are especially valuable. Applicants should also be familiar
with current research in neural networks and have experience in applying
network models to real problems. Experience with VLSI (analog or digital)
is desirable, but not necessary.

  Applicants should be multi-disciplinary, thorough experimentalists.  They
should be enthusiastic about neural networks, working with other
researchers, inventing new ideas, and building a successful company
by meeting customers' needs.

  If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to

		John Platt
		Synaptics
		2860 Zanker Road, Suite 206
		San Jose, CA 95134

  or send a postscript or plain text resume to platt at synaptics.com

  I will be away at NIPS until Dec 10, so please do not expect an immediate
reply.