Patents

Thomas H. Hildebrandt thildebr at athos.csee.lehigh.edu
Thu Nov 21 09:19:48 EST 1991

Dr. Almeida:
	My hat is off to you for your extremely dry wit!  A good
measure of wryness is the number of people you fool completely, of
which those who were bold enough to post to the net is probably only a
small number.  I myself was fooled while reading the first 3 or 4
lines. . . .
	I thought about posting a message saying that I had applied
for a patent on the process of constructing a neuron -- with a
sufficient admixture of legal and neurobiological jargon to sound
convincing.  But in light of the recent (orthogonal) discussion
regarding the nature of postings which are acceptable on
CONNECTIONISTS, I was forced to reconsider.
	Even so, I would only have been emulating a master.  Bravo!
				Thomas H. Hildebrandt