field computation papers

mclennan@cs.utk.edu mclennan at cs.utk.edu
Tue May 21 22:07:04 EDT 1991

There have been several requests for my papers on field computation.  In
addition to an early paper in the first IEEE ICNN (San Diego, 1987),
there are several reports in the neuroprose directory:

 maclennan.contincomp.ps.Z  --  a short introduction
 maclennan.fieldcomp.ps.Z   --  the current most comprehensive report
 maclennan.csa.ps.Z         --  continuous spatial automata

Of course I will be happy to send out hardcopy of these papers or
several others not in neuroprose.

Bruce MacLennan
Department of Computer Science
The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-1301

(615)974-5067
maclennan at cs.utk.edu

Here are the directions for accessing files from neuroprose.  Note that
there is also in the directory a script called Getps that does all the
work.

              unix> ftp cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu (or 128.146.8.62)
              Name: anonymous
              Password: neuron
              ftp> cd pub/neuroprose
              ftp> binary
              ftp> get maclennan.csa.ps.Z
              ftp> quit
              unix> uncompress maclennan.csa.ps.Z
              unix> lpr maclennan.csa.ps (or however you print postscript)