Translation Invariance in Human Visual System

David Lovell dlovell at s1.elec.uq.oz.au
Fri Aug 30 18:49:04 EDT 1991

Dear Connectionists,

Here is some more information about a publication that would be of interest
anyone researching the translational (in?)variance of the human visual
field:

Biederman, I. & Cooper, E. E.  (in press).  Evidence for complete
translational and reflectional priming in visual object recognition.
PERCEPTION.
    A recent paper (also by Biederman &
rman and Cooper) provides many of the details of methodology, procedure and
theory.  It appeared in the July issue of COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY.

Again, thanks to everyone who has replied to my original request especially
Eric Postma, Irv Biederman, Shimon Edelman and Bill Phillips. If anyone has
any more information on the subject I suggest that they post it to
Connectionists because I'm in the middle of writing a paper and it could be a
long time before any further info gets re-posted.

Yours appreciatively,
David.

--

David Lovell - dlovell at s1.elec.uq.oz.au  |

Dept. Electrical Engineering             | "Oh bother! The pudding is ruined
University of Queensland                 | completely now!" said Marjory, as
BRISBANE 4072                            | Henry the daschund leapt up and
Australia                                | into the lemon surprise.