No subject

Duane Snider snider at mprgate.mpr.ca
Wed Aug 28 16:23:11 EDT 1991

Subject: Re: Radial Basis Functions

> Could someone post a brief description of RBF techniques
> as applied to this field?  References would also be
> most appreciated.

There is a fairly good description on how the radial basis functions work in
multidimensional spaces is in 'Neurocomputing' by Robert Hecht-Nielsen.
It was published by Addison-Wesley in 1990.

John Moody terms his radial basis functions 'Local Receptive Fields'. I
have seen some of his work  at the ICJNN's before.

I also found Nestor Corp's algorithm for Restricted Coulomb Energy fields in
'DARPA Neural Network Study', ISBN 0-916159-17-5.

I hope this helps,

	Duane Snider

	snider at mprgate.mpr.ca

	MPR Teltech Ltd