Translation Invariance in Human Visual System?

David Lovell dlovell at s1.elec.uq.oz.au
Wed Aug 28 11:09:18 EDT 1991

Dear Connectionists,

Recently we (at the University of Queensland) had the pleasure of a visit from
Prof. Thomas Huang of the University of Illinois. In one of his presentations
on image compression he mentioned that a team of French researchers had
recently published information which showed the response of the human visual
system not to be invariant under certain translations of input.

Prof. Huang did not know the details of this paper at the time but said that
he would pass them on to me when he returned to Illinois (in mid-September).
The problem that I am now faced with is that I would like to get hold of
this paper by Friday, August 30 and I don't know where to look (and I don't
have much spare time between now and then).

Regards
David
--

David Lovell - dlovell at s1.elec.uq.oz.au  |

Dept. Electrical Engineering             |
University of Queensland                 |
BRISBANE 4072                            |
Australia                                |