newer RCS?

Jean-Francois Jadouin jfj at m53.limsi.fr
Sun Aug 18 07:40:26 EDT 1991

Hi !

I've done some work with RCS, and found I had to
rewrite the Backprop algorithms pretty completely.
I can try and make these changes available, if people
are interested, though they are not very pretty.

We also kludged together a version of Kohonen's maps,
that seem to work, though slowly.

My own impression of the RCS is that it is an excellent
tool, but its data structures are a little limiting:
implementing Backprop, for instance, required kludging
the algorithms in order to store the required data in
a 'neuron' data structure that didn't provide the necessary
slots. In the same vein, access to the graphic displays
is a little difficult if you want to do something that
wasn't provided for in the original design.

Final note: we were able to obtain an X11R4 version of RCS.
Contact the RCS mailing list for details:
administrative requests:
simulator-request at cs.rochester.edu
mailing list:
simulator-users at cs.rochester.edu