Spike initiation & time-dependent threshold changes

Bruce Raoul Parnas brp at bandit.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 19 00:44:19 EDT 1991

	One of the best studied models of spike-initiation is still the
	integrate-and-fire or leaky-integrate-and-fire models, develoepd by Brice
^^^^^	Knight. It's quite well described in Tuckwell's two volume monograph
	^^^^^^
"Introduction to theoretical neurobiology" (Cambridge Univ. Press, 1988).

	Christof

While i agree that simple integrate and fire models (one time constant or two)
are definitely among the best around, I find it odd thatt so many people
attribute these models to people other that those who developed them.  The
earliest work I know of on two time constant models was done in 1936 by A.V.
Hill, when much less was known about neurophysiology.  Rashevsky and Monier
worked on similar models at about the same time, but the concept is 55 years
old.

bruce