image compression

Dario Ringach dario%TECHUNIX.BITNET at vma.CC.CMU.EDU
Sun May 13 00:46:59 EDT 1990

I want to apologize if I've offended anyone suggesting "Lena"...

Now, regarding the references for image compression I mentioned in my
previous mail, here they are:

T. Sanger, 'Optimal Unsupervised Learning in a Single-Layer Feedforward
Neural Network', Neural Networks, Vol. 2, pp. 459-73, 1989.
[He has also some extensions of this work as internal MIT publications].

G. Cottrell et al., 'Principal Component Analysis of Images via Back
Propagation' SPIE Proc. Visual Communications and Image Processing '88,
pp. 1070-77, 1988

J. Daugman, 'Complete Discrete 2-D Gabor Transforms by Neural Networks
for Image Analysis and Compression', IEEE Trans. ASSP, Vol. 36, No. 7,
pp. 1169-79, 1988

N. Nasrabadi et al. 'Vector Quantization Based Upon the Kohonen Self-
Organizing Feature Map', IEEE Conf. on NNs, pp. I-101-8, 1988.

The list is surely incomplete...
--
Dario Ringach <dario at techunix.bitnet>