Networks for pattern recognition problems?

Dave Shaw shaw_d at clipr.colorado.edu
Fri Jul 20 17:32:00 EDT 1990

Rich- the network configurations we have used are all single hidden layer of
varying size (except for 1 network with no hidden layer). Hidden layer size
has been varied from 1 to 30 units. Input layer=17 units, output layer=1 unit.
All activation functions sigmoidal. As I indicated before, there was
essentially no difference between any of the networks. We are moving towards a
paper (one at least) and this work will likely be included as part of my
dissertation as well.

Dave