Integrating Information

Javier Movellan jm2z+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Wed Jul 25 15:16:16 EDT 1990

I am interested in the problem of integrating information from different
processing levels. For instance,if we have a good system to map sounds
into phonemes, we may want to use the statistical structure at the
phoneme level to improve recognition or to clean up the inputs.  Some of
the domains in which this issue arises are: speech recognition,
character recognition, spell-checkers... If you have references or
comments regarding this issue please let me know.  Classical statistical
approaches, neural network approaches, theoretical perspectives,
psychological models, and  dirty tricks used in artificial systems are
welcomed.

I will compile the references/comments and make them public to the
connectionist list.

Javier