Neocognitron information wanted

PVR%AUTOCTRL.RUG.AC.BE@VMA.CC.CMU.EDU PVR%AUTOCTRL.RUG.AC.BE at VMA.CC.CMU.EDU
Wed Jul 25 18:19:00 EDT 1990

Dear neural netters,

I have a research student who is implementing Prof. Fukushima's neocognitron.
The network will be used for object recognition and will finally be
implemented on a multiprocessor network.

The student is facing a large number of problems, for which we are not always
able to find a solution. We would therefore like to get in touch with other
researchers who have tried to implement the neocognitron or who have
thoroughly studied this particular type of network. Could you please send a
message to:

pvr at autoctrl.rug.ac.be
or to pvr at bgerug51.bitnet

If you have technical reports that could make our work easier, we would
certainly appreciate to have a copy. In return, we will send you some
articles about the implementation and application.

Many thanks in advance,

Patrick

* Patrick Van Renterghem,     BITNET: pvr at bgerug51.bitnet                   *
* R&D Assistant,              EDU:    pvr%bgerug51.bitnet at cunyvm.cuny.edu   *
* State University of Ghent   UUCP:   mcsun!bgerug51.bitnet!pvr             *
* Belgium                     JANET:  PVR%earn.bgerug51 at earn-relay          *
* Automatic Control Lab,           |          Tel: +32 91 22 57 55 ext. 313 *
* State University of Ghent,       |          Fax: +32 91 22 85 91          *
* Grotesteenweg Noord 2,           |                                        *
* B-9710 Ghent-Zwijnaarde, Belgium |                                        *
*******You***Don't***Need***A***PhD***To***Write***Parallel***Programs*******