Tabu Search, and other stuff

Richard Fozzard fozzard at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Fri Dec 7 13:12:58 EST 1990

	>  I'm interested to do comparative studies between Tabu search and
	>  annealing algorithm. Could someone kindly give me references on tabu
	>  search? Thanks.

	I want to remind people that the CONNECTIONISTS list is not intended for
	those who are too lazy to do their own library work.  If you're going to
	post a plea for basic information, please do it on comp.ai.neural-nets.
	This list is intended for discussions among practicing researchers.

	-- Dave Touretzky

I think that this may be too strong a condemnation. I have done library
search and at the same time posted to CONNECTIONISTS. I got quite a bit
of information on works-in-progress, and other things I couldn't find
in the library. To assume library indexes (indices?) are exaustive and
up-to-date is rather unrealistic.

That practicing researchers are on CONNECTIONISTS (and not on comp.ai.nn)
is the very reason such requests are made. Of course,
a busy practicing researcher is free not to respond to such requests.

IMHO, Nirwan Ansari's 3-line message was not an abuse of bandwidth.
He (she?) wasn't doing what we used to see a lot of, eg: "What's a
good book on back propogation?", "Where can I find some neural net
software?", etc. which I agree are inappropriate. If even Dave hasn't
heard of this Tabu search, I wouldn't hold out much hope that anyone
on comp.ai.nn has either.