Tabu Search, and other stuff

Dave.Touretzky@DST.BOLTZ.CS.CMU.EDU Dave.Touretzky at DST.BOLTZ.CS.CMU.EDU
Fri Dec 7 02:04:35 EST 1990

>  I'm interested to do comparative studies between Tabu search and
>  annealing algorithm. Could someone kindly give me references on tabu
>  search? Thanks.

I want to remind people that the CONNECTIONISTS list is not intended for
those who are too lazy to do their own library work.  If you're going to
post a plea for basic information, please do it on comp.ai.neural-nets.
This list is intended for discussions among practicing researchers.

Also, to save everyone else a lot of trouble: I never heard of Tabu search
either.  When Nirwan Ansari finds out what it is and compiles an extensive
bibliography on the subject, I invite him to post *that* to CONNECTIONISTS.

Meanwhile, here's some other news for the connectionist community:

- The proceedings of the 1990 Connectionist Models Summer School, held
  at UCSD, are now available from Morgan Kaufmann.  I'll post a table
  of contents and ordering information next week.

- Reminder:  final camera-ready papers for NIPS 3 are due by January 18.
  Author kits will be mailed out today or early next week.  The formatting
  macros are very similar to last year.  Seven page limit on all papers.

- Reminder:  the submission deadline for IJCAI papers is December 10.
  There is a "Connectionist and PDP Models" track.  The submission
  deadline for AAAI-91 is January 30.

-- Dave Touretzky