Classified research

Scott.Fahlman@SEF1.SLISP.CS.CMU.EDU Scott.Fahlman at SEF1.SLISP.CS.CMU.EDU
Mon Apr 2 19:56:58 EDT 1990

    My objection was to the absence of anything to share...  Normally when
    people introduce themselves on the list (if they choose to do so) they
    write about what is of interest to the list.

Most people don't "introduce" themselves on the list, and I think that's
probably a good thing.  It would create a lot of traffic that is not of
general interest.  I thought that the message in question was sent to the
whole list by accident.

I think there are a lot of people on this list in listen-only mode.  I've
got no objection to that -- it doesn't cost much and it serves a useful
educational function.

-- Scott