UCLA SFINX - "neural" net simulator

Scott.Fahlman@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU Scott.Fahlman at B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU
Tue Nov 21 17:11:32 EST 1989

         The UCLA-SFINX, a "neural" network simulator is now in  pub-
    lic domain...

I'm guessing that you don't really mean "public domain" here, since later
int he message you say that this code is copyrighted and you go on at some
length about how to get a license.  There's a big legal difference between
"public domain" and "copyrighted, but available free of charge for
non-commerical use".  "Public domain" means that the owner of the
intellectual property is relinquishing all control over it, which does not
seem to be the case here.

I'm not complaining, just trying to clarify the situation here.  I think
it's great when people make useful pieces of software available without
cost, even if there are some strings attached.

-- Scott