genetic search and neural nets

Mike Rudnick rudnick at cse.ogc.edu
Sat Jan 14 18:05:27 EST 1989

I am a phd candidate in computer science at Oregon Graduate Center.
My research interest is in using genetic search to tackle artificial
neural network (ANN) scaling issues.  My particular orientation is to
view minimizing interconnections as a central issue, partly motivated
by VLSI implementation issues.

I am starting a mailing list for those interested in applying
genetic search to/with/for ANNs.  Mail a request to
Neuro-evolution-request at cse.ogc.edu to have your name added to the
list.

A bibliography of work relating artificial neural networks (ANNs) and
genetic search is available.  It is organized/oriented for someone
familiar with the ANN literature but unfamiliar with the genetic
search literature.  Send a request to Neuro-evolution-request at cse.ogc.edu
for a copy.  If there is sufficient interest I will post the
bibliography here.

Mike Rudnick			CSnet:	rudnick at cse.ogc.edu
Computer Science & Eng. Dept.	ARPAnet:  rudnick%cse.ogc.edu at relay.cs.net
Oregon Graduate Center		BITNET:  rudnick%cse.ogc.edu at relay.cs.net
19600 N.W. von Neumann Dr.	UUCP:	{tektronix,verdix}!ogccse!rudnick
Beaverton, OR. 97006-1999	(503) 690-1121 X7390