worldwide circulation

Jordan B. Pollack pollack at cis.ohio-state.edu
Mon Feb 20 17:01:04 EST 1989

**DO NOT FORWARD TO ANY BBOARDS**

I do recall a discussion a couple of years ago (started by Paul Smolensky)
of how we were going to circulate our Tech Reports FREE to
our colleagues on this mailing list.

But I do not recall a public discussion that
postings on the CONNECTIONISTS mailing list can get
placed on at least two widely broadcasted
bulletin boards, COMP.AI.NEURAL-NETS and NEURON-DIGEST.

So my offer of free NIPS preprints to the extended
connectionist summer school mailing list, has
a new life, banging around the electronic BBoards of
the "Free" world, netting requests from West Germany, Australia,
South Korea, etc. The number of requests has just surpassed 100.

Not that I mind the unexpected hundreds of dollars in postage
and copying, I just want to make folks aware of what they are
getting into with offers of free tech reports by post.

(My next TR will be a Postscript file available by anonymous FTP.)
Jordan