reply on back-propagation fails to separate paper

Eduardo Sontag sontag at fermat.rutgers.edu
Sat Oct 29 10:50:52 EDT 1988

Mark,

Re your question to Mehra about complexity of boundaries and VC dimension, we
just had a talk at Rutgers yesterday by Eric Baum (baum at pupgg.princeton.edu)
about this.  You should ask him for copies of his papers on the subject, which
also contain references to Valiant's and other related work.

I think that the relation between Brady et.al. and our results can be
explained better in terms of threshold vs nonthreshold costs than in terms of
relative weightings of terms.

-eduardo
Eduardo D. Sontag
Rutgers Center for Systems and Control (SYCON)
Rutgers University
(sontag at fermat.rutgers.edu)