Technical Report Available

barto@anger.tcp.cs.umass.edu barto at anger.tcp.cs.umass.edu
Thu May 12 09:31:51 EDT 1988

                              ACTION

                          Michael I. Jordan
                 Massachusetts Institute of Technology

                         David A. Rosenbaum
                 University of Massachusetts, Amherst

                    COINS Technical Report 88-26

ABSTRACT

We discuss three fundamental problems for theories of the organization of
action--the degrees-of-freedom problem, the serial order problem, and the
problem of sensorimotor learning.  Our emphasis is on the interrelated nature
of these problems.  Several recent models and algorithms which address various
aspects of these problems are described and evaluated.

To appear in M. I. Posner (Ed.), Handbook of Cognitive Science, Cambridge,
MA: MIT Press.

To obtain a copy, contact
Ms. Connie Smith
Computer and Information Science