HIMOSTHYLEDYNE - MACH

alexis%yummy@gateway.mitre.org alexis%yummy at gateway.mitre.org
Wed Jun 1 08:22:32 EDT 1988

>>  ... dynamic, nets -- maybe chaotic ...

Actually that's an interesting thought.  Certainly dynamic networks are
useful (meaning nets (necessarily with feedback) which converge to an orbit
of period > 1) as are bifurcations and all that {I mean, biological systems
do it, so it *MUST* be important :-) }.

But what about chaos and strange attractors et al.?  For those of you who
don't believe Turing and think non-deterministic computing engines buy you
some computing power (Richard are you out there?) I suppose it's a way of
getting your non-determinism into the system ..., but I mean really, is
a *chaotic-neural-network* worth anything?

alexis wieland