The CONNECTIONISTS archive - *** correction ***

Roni.Rosenfeld@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU Roni.Rosenfeld at B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU
Fri Jul 15 15:42:55 EDT 1988

FTPing from the CONNECTIONISTS archive did not work for most people.

The problem: Our extra-secure FTP expects to either be able to use the name
of the remote file for the local file, or to be given a local name to use.
So if the remote name begins with "connectionists/" then there must be a
"connectionists/" in the local space, or else you must specify a local name.

We apologize for the inconvenience.  Here'e what you should do:

EITHER:

	make a directory called "connectionists" in your working directory

	ftp, log in as ftpguest (password "cmunix")

	ls connectionists		/* This succeeds */

	get connectionists/READ.ME	/* This puts READ.ME into your local
					   directory "connectionists"  */

OR:
	ftp, log in as ftpguest/cmunix

	ls connectionists		/* This succeeds */

	get connectionists/READ.ME foo	/* This puts READ.ME into your local
					   file foo */

Please let us know if you have any problems.

Roni Rosenfeld
connectionists-request at cs.cmu.edu