Request for Boltzmann Machine information

Lorien Y. Pratt pratt at paul.rutgers.edu
Tue Jul 5 11:40:46 EDT 1988

I am attempting to perform a thorough survey of papers which analyze the Boltzmann
Machine algorithm for learning in neural networks.  I would appreciate any of the
following:

  o  Boltzmann machine bibliography files
  o  Preprints of Boltzmann machine papers
  o  Pointers to Boltzmann machine papers
  o  Any papers referring to a complexity analysis of the Boltzmann machine
  o  Any papers presenting the Boltzmann machine explicitly in algorithmic form.
  o  Any comparisons between the complexity of the Boltzmann and other
     neural network learning algorithms (e.g. back propagation)
  o  Pointers to Boltzmann machine implementations, as well as empirical results
     on learning ability.
  o  Information on the parallel implementation of the Boltzmann machine

One of my higher priorities is to establish once and for all whether or
not the Boltzmann machine algorithm is so inferior to Back Propagation
that it merits no further study, as was implied by Geoff Hinton at the
recent Machine Learning conference.  Therefore, if you can point out
the kinds of learning problems, if any, on which the Boltzmann machine
is superior, then I'd appreciate hearing about them.