Fractal Representations of Neural Networks Responses

INS_ATGE%JHUVMS.BITNET@VMA.CC.CMU.EDU INS_ATGE%JHUVMS.BITNET at VMA.CC.CMU.EDU
Wed Jul 6 19:50:00 EDT 1988

   For those of you who are interested in what I have receieved dealing
with fractal representations of neural networks, I have so far only
heard from John Merrill (merrill at bucasb.bu.edu) who sent me an abstract
of his paper (I believe he also CC'ed it to connectionists), and
Jordan Pollack (pollack at nmsu.csnet) who is working on a paper outline.
   It seems that there isn't a great deal of literature that peole
know about dealing with fractal representations of neural networks.
   I am very interested in this subject for its use in artificially
evolving neural networks using genetic algortihms, and it seems that
fractal genetic representation is a way of compacting alot of complex
information into a small amount of descriptors (ala Mandelbrot Set).
  -Thomas Edwards
   ins_atge at jhuvms
   812 Brantford Avenue
   Silver Spring, MD 20904