four-quadrant problem

alexis%yummy@gateway.mitre.org alexis%yummy at gateway.mitre.org
Thu Aug 25 07:47:12 EDT 1988

It was long and had nice pictures, but not correct ...

Before someone else catches it (I based part of my message in part
on old notes that counted layers different):
   a) You can't do the four-quadrant problem with two layers ever
	(even for a finite distance)
   b) You can't do "any finite number of finitely complex items" with 2-
	layers, you can often do lots, but a counter example is (a) above.

This makes the DARPA report even more certainly wrong, but in also
puts me in a glass house to some degree ...

alexis