Japanese Connectionists?

Hideki KAWAHARA kawahara at av-convex.ntt.jp
Tue Aug 23 19:48:30 EDT 1988

Welcom to Japan, Mr Zeren.

Connectionism or so colled Neuro-computing in Japan is
growing very rapidly since last year. Almost every
technical psycholgical biological etc. societies are
featured neural-nets sessions in their annual meetings.

I have just returned from a private meeting which , I think,
is the most important inter-diciplinary meeting for researchers
in this field. It is "Neural Information Science Workshop"
initiated by Dr.Fukushima of NHK labs. It is an annual meeting
over 10 years. I'll report it later.

You can contact many researchers via CSNET-JUNET link. I think
about 100 organizations are reading connectionists mails
regularly. It will be convenient for you to contact the ATR labs.,
which is located near Kobe where you will stay.

Hideki Kawahara
kawahara%nttlab.ntt.JP at RELAY.CS.NET  (from ARPA site)

NTT Basic Research Labs.