NIPS needs a logo

Dave.Touretzky@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU Dave.Touretzky at B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU
Fri Aug 5 20:56:49 EDT 1988

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

Subject: NIPS needs a logo
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 88 20:56:49 EDT
From: Dave.Touretzky at DST.BOLTZ.CS.CMU.EDU

We are seeking a distinctive logo for the IEEE NIPS (Neural Information
Processing Systems) Conference.  This conference is held each year in
Denver.  The 1988 conference is scheduled for November 28-December 1.  The
logo will be used on the abstract booklet and conference proceedings.  In
future years it will also be used on all conference stationery, calls for
papers, and publicity releases.

The logo should be a small and fairly simple design that expresses the
scientific theme of the NIPS conference.  We welcome any and all
suggestions.  Crude sketches are okay; an artist will refine the best half
dozen ideas we receive, and the final decision will be made by the
conference organizing committee.

Submissions should be sent (hardcopy only) by September 1st to:
	Pamela Reyner Scott
	Computer Science Department
	Carnegie Mellon University
	Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890

All submissions become the property of the organizing committee and cannot
be returned, so send a photocopy, not your original.  It would also be a
good idea to write your name and address on each submission so we don't
lose track of who sent what.  The submitter of the winning logo design will
reap unimaginable fame and wealth, or at the very least a warm
acknowledgement in the proceedings.  Multiple submissions are welcome.

- -- Dave Touretzky
   Publications Chairman
   1988 IEEE NIPS Conference

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy