[AI Seminar] Online AI Seminar on Nov 24 (Zoom) -- Charles Blundell -- Memory and Reinforcement Learning -- AI seminar is sponsored by Fortive

Aayush Bansal aayushb at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 17 12:20:12 EST 2020

Charles Blundell (Google DeepMind) will be giving an online seminar on "Memory
and Reinforcement Learning" from 12:00 noon - 01:00 PM ET on Nov 24.

*Zoom Link*:
https://cmu.zoom.us/j/91248740598?pwd=V1M2L09xRlR6V3gvK2VVNERzOHRuQT09

CMU AI Seminar is sponsored by Fortive.

Following are the details of the talk:

*Title: *Memory and Reinforcement Learning

*Abstract: *Deep Reinforcement Learning has seen many recent celebrated
successes. In this talk, we shall examine the role of an agent's past on
how the agent performs. We will explore different ways in which agents can
be augmented with memory to improve their performance. In particular, we
show what kind of tasks require memory, how rich allocentric memories can
be created from egocentric experience, and how memory can significantly
advance the state of the art in exploration.

*Bio:* Charles is a senior staff research scientist at DeepMind, leading a
team of fellow researchers working on deep learning, probabilistic
modeling, neuroscience, and reinforcement learning. He holds a Ph.D. in
machine learning at the Gatsby Unit, University College London.

To learn more about the seminar series, please visit the website:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~aiseminar/

--
Aayush Bansal
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~aayushb/