[AI Seminar] AI Seminar sponsored by Apple -- Renato Negrinho -- Oct. 30th

Han Zhao han.zhao at cs.cmu.edu
Sat Oct 27 23:25:20 EDT 2018

Dear faculty and students:

We look forward to seeing you next Tuesday, Oct. 30th, at noon in NSH 3305
for AI Seminar sponsored by Apple. To learn more about the seminar series,
please visit the website.
On Tuesday, Renato Negrinho will give the following talk:

*Title: *Learning Beam Search Policies via Imitation Learning
*Abstract: *Beam search is widely used for approximate decoding in
structured prediction problems. Models often use a beam at test time but
ignore its existence at train time, and therefore do not explicitly learn
how to use the beam. % The Solution: our meta-algorithm We develop an
unifying meta-algorithm for learning beam search policies using imitation
learning. In our setting, the beam is part of the model, and not just an
artifact of approximate decoding. Our meta-algorithm captures existing
learning algorithms and suggests new ones. It also lets us show novel
no-regret guarantees for learning beam search policies.
--

*Han ZhaoMachine Learning Department*

*School of Computer ScienceCarnegie Mellon UniversityMobile: +1-*
*412-652-4404*