[AI Seminar] AI Seminar sponsored by Apple -- Anson Kahng -- Dec 05

Adams Wei Yu weiyu at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Dec 1 08:03:04 EST 2017

Dear faculty and students,

We look forward to seeing you next Tuesday, Dec 05, at noon in NSH 3305 for
AI Seminar sponsored by Apple. To learn more about the seminar series,
please visit the AI Seminar webpage <http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~aiseminar/>.

On Tuesday, Anson Kahng <https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~akahng/> will give the
following talk:

Title: Impartial Rank Aggregation

Abstract:

We study rank aggregation algorithms that take as input the opinions of
players over their peers, represented as rankings, and output a social
ordering of the players (which reflects, e.g., relative contribution to a
project or fit for a job). To prevent strategic behavior, these algorithms
must be impartial, i.e., players should not be able to influence their own
position in the output ranking. We design several randomized algorithms
that are impartial and closely emulate given (non-impartial) rank
aggregation rules in a rigorous sense. Experimental results further support
the efficacy and practicability of our algorithms.