[ACT-R-users] Interview Invitation - To Understand the Pain Points of Learning and Using ACT-R - PhD Dissertation

Wang, Shan sxw820 at psu.edu
Mon Jan 22 20:28:34 EST 2024

Dear ACT-R users,

Hope this email finds you well!

This is Shan, a PhD candidate at Penn State. As I was learning Cognitive Modeling and ACT-R, I encountered difficulties and found it intimidating to start. I also found that my experience is not uncommon via chats with my colleagues. I wonder, why don't we make the process easier so that more students and researchers can join the research community. Some researchers have made their efforts, but there has not been a comprehensive report of the pain points and difficulties along the journey, to help guide future designs and improvements. This project aims to understand the pain points comprehensively via interviews. (This is also part of my PhD dissertation, so please help me out!)

You are very welcome to schedule a time, if you know about ACT-R but not continue learning it, if you are learning ACT-R, if you have learned and built models for years, if you have been teaching ACT-R for years, and if you have decided to not use it anymore.

I understand that you have a busy schedule, so here is the link to schedule the interview. It won't last over one hour, and you can stop whenever you want.
https://calendly.com/sxw820/usabilityinterview

Please feel free to share the email and link with your students and colleagues who know about ACT-R but not continue learning it, are learning ACT-R, have learned and building models for years, have been teaching ACT-R for years, and who decided to not use it anymore.

Thank you for your time ahead! Looking forward to your responses!
Best,
Shan

Shan Wang

PhD Candidate

College of Information Sciences and Technology

The Pennsylvania State University

[cid:9108f562-b6a0-4036-b683-5812d19db736]