[ACT-R-users] ACT-R standalone problem in macOS Sonoma

Dan Bothell db30 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Nov 29 14:54:55 EST 2023

I had a report that the current standalone application doesn't run under
Sonoma on machines with an Apple silicon processor.

There is apparently an issue with older versions of SBCL under Sonoma, but
the newer versions of SBCL (2.3.8+) have a fix for that.

I've built a new version of the standalone using the updated SBCL, and that
updated standalone can be downloaded from here:
http://act-r.psy.cmu.edu/actr7.x/special_mac_standalone.zip

I have not tested that yet on a machine with Sonoma, but I will update a
machine soon to test it and follow up with the results.  In the meantime,
if anyone tries it please let me know how it goes.